Annelies Braams is the founder, senior teacher and driving force behind NedLes. As a qualified teacher specialised in teaching Dutch as a second language, she brings a great combination of experience and commitment to her role teaching highly skilled speakers of other languages.
Annelies came up with the concept of NedLes’ golden rules:
- Don’t spend time on activities that students can do by themselves at home.
- Be committed and encouraging.
- Ensure that each student learns as much as possible.
- Ensure that each student speaks as much as possible.
- Provide individual feedback to each student, identifying specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure that individual learners are not held back by the group.
- Be clear about what is done in class and what should be done at home.
- Start and end every lesson on time.
Annelies Braams has more than 20 years of experience teaching Dutch as a second language, working for a wide range highly regarded institutions, including the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, the Volksuniversiteit and ROC van Amsterdam. For the last 10 years, she has devoted her passion and expertise to NedLes. Before a career in teaching, Annelies sailed the world’s oceans, played guitar in a soul band, sang in Russian, Bulgarian and other Slavic languages, and developed and produced various games and puzzles. She also loves throwing a good party.